The MAC offers a variety of plays with an array of challenging roles suitable for a wide demographic.
All casting is done through open auditions supervised by the play’s director. Audition times and dates are posted in advance on the website as well as on other area theater call boards and forums.
Rehearsals usually run two to three hours, three days a week during non-business hours for six or seven weeks, depending on the coordination between the director and the cast. Participation in set and prop construction is encouraged but subject to an individual’s schedule and abilities. Performers are unpaid and all roles are non-Equity.
The MAC Theater celebrates diversity and seeks people of all backgrounds regardless of age, race, creed, or national origin. All are welcome!
Please email MACTheater1957@gmail.com to receive email announcements whenever auditions are scheduled. The MAC Theater does not sell or provide email lists to any third parties.
Saturday, May 21, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Sunday, May 22, 1:00pm-3:00pm
Written by David Lindsay-Abaire
Directed by Kate Fishman
Friday, August 19-Sunday, August 21
Thursday, August 25-Sunday, August 28
Only fully vaccinated actors will be considered for roles. Please wear a mask to auditions.
Marion Art Center Theater announces open auditions for the upcoming production of Rabbit Hole written by David Lindsay-Abaire.
Synopsis: Becca and Howie Corbett have everything a family could want, until a life-shattering accident turns their world upside down and leaves the couple drifting perilously apart. "Rabbit Hole" charts their bittersweet search for comfort in the darkest of places and for a path that will lead them back into the light of day.
Director Kate Fishman will be casting five roles: one male and one female able to play late thirties/early forties, one female able to play early thirties, one female able to play mid-sixties and one male able to play a seventeen-year old boy.
- Becca - Late thirties/early forties. Howie's wife. Danny's mother. Usually a very responsible, practical and sensible person but her grief causes her to make some rash decisions throughout the play.
- Howie - Late thirties/early forties. Becca's husband. Danny's father. He is very caring, patient and attentive to Becca, but has a hard time dealing with Danny's death, though he hides it as much as possible.
- Izzy - Early thirties. Becca's younger sister. Irresponsible and impulsive, but well-intentioned. Having trouble "finding herself."
- Nat - Mid sixties. Becca's and Izzy's mother. Outspoken and opinionated, with a tendency to say the wrong thing, she is extremely supportive of her daughters, and frequently acts as their voice of reason.
- Jason - 17 years old. Boy who accidently hit Danny with his car. Awkward and shy, but sensitive and caring, he blames himself completely for Danny's death.
Sound & Lighting Technician