The MAC offers a variety of plays with an array of challenging roles suitable for a wide demographic.
All casting is done through open auditions supervised by the play’s director. Audition times and dates are posted in advance on the website as well as on other area theater call boards and forums.
Rehearsals usually run two to three hours, three days a week during non-business hours for six or seven weeks, depending on the coordination between the director and the cast. Participation in set and prop construction is encouraged but subject to an individual’s schedule and abilities. Performers are unpaid and all roles are non-Equity.
The MAC Theater celebrates diversity and seeks people of all backgrounds regardless of age, race, creed, or national origin. All are welcome!
Please email MACTheater1957@gmail.com to receive email announcements whenever auditions are scheduled. The MAC Theater does not sell or provide email lists to any third parties.
Saturday, January 6, 10:00am-12:00pm
Sunday, January 7, 12:00-2:00pm
Arsenic and Old Lace
Written by Joseph Kesserling
Directed by Donn Tyler
Nine Performance dates:
March 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17, 22, 23, 24 2024
Evening shows begin at 7:30pm, Sunday matinees begin at 2:00pm
Drama critic Mortimer Brewster’s engagement announcement is upended when he discovers a corpse in his elderly aunts’ window seat. Mortimer rushes to tell Abby and Martha before they stumble upon the body themselves, only to learn that the two old women aren’t just aware of the dead man in their parlor, they killed him! Between his aunts’ penchant for poisoning wine, a brother who thinks he’s Teddy Roosevelt, and another brother using plastic surgery to hide from the police -- not to mention Mortimer’s own hesitancy about marriage -- it'll be a miracle if Mortimer makes it to his wedding. Arsenic and Old Lace is a classic black comedy about the only thing more deadly than poison: family.
PLEASE NOTE: There will definitely be cross-casting and doubling of some roles. The age ranges and, especially, genders suggested below are rough guidelines.
- Abby Brewster F 50+ Darling lady who poisons elderly men
- Martha Brewster F 50+ Her partner in all things.
- Mortimer Brewster M 20s-40s Their nephew, a drama critic engaged to Elaine
- Teddy Brewster M 20s-40s Their nephew, who thinks he is Teddy Roosevelt
- Jonathan Brewster M 20s-40s Their nephew, a psychopath
- Elaine Harper F 20s-40s Mortimer’s fiancée
- Dr. Einstein M 20+ A plastic surgeon and Jonathan’s accomplice
- Rev. Harper M 50+ Elaine’s father
- Lt. Rooney M 40+ A take-charge police officer
- Mr. Witherspoon M 20+ Superintendent of Happy Dale Sanitarium
- Mr. Gibbs M 50+ The Brewster sisters’ potential boarder
- Officer O’Hara M/F 20+ A police officer and would-be playwright
- Brophy & Klein M/F 20+ Police officers
Questions can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Sound & Lighting Technician
Maura Van Voris
Richard Van Voris