Apply for Exhibition
Apply for Exhibition at the Marion Art Center
About Art at the MAC
The Marion Art Center has two floors of gallery space: the Cecil Clark Davis Gallery downstairs and the Patsy Francis Gallery upstairs. The MAC’s Exhibition Committee meets regularly to schedule shows and review proposals. Most exhibitions are scheduled at least six months in advance. The MAC hosts openings for each exhibition and offers opportunities for exhibiting artists to teach workshops or give artist presentations.
The MAC’s Cecil Clark Davis Gallery (lower gallery) consists of 420 square feet of wall space and 200 square feet of floor space. The Patsy Francis Gallery (upper gallery) has 300 square feet of wall space and 260 square feet of floor space. The MAC has eleven pedestals available for three-dimensional works. The Exhibitions Committee will also be accepting proposals for rotating outdoor sculpture beginning in Summer 2020.
In addition to our juried exhibits, members are invited to participate in two non-juried exhibitions a year: the Winter Members’ Show and the Summer Members’ Show. Not a MAC member yet? Click here to Join the MAC!
Application & Request for Jury
- A one- or two-page artist resume with exhibition history and URL of any website(s)
- A one-paragraph bio and a brief artist statement
- Five to ten high-quality jpg images labeled in the following format: LastFirst01_Title (ex: SmithJohn03_HarborView). Note: If sending multiple images is limited by file size, consider sending a zip file or email images separately.
- Corresponding image list with titles, dates, media, and dimensions
- A brief proposal outlining exhibition theme with description of work, price range, number available, and any other details, such as installation requirements, blackout dates, etc.
The Exhibition Committee will review new proposals at its next scheduled meeting and on occasion request to view works in person. All work presented to the committee in person should be exhibition ready. If work is accepted, the committee will determine the exhibition timeline and format. The MAC usually exhibits two or more artists at a time, depending on the type of work or theme of the exhibition. The MAC retains a 40% commission on all gallery sales.
Arts in the Park
Art Events at the MAC
VISIT OUR GALLERIES
Tue-Wed: Please call ahead
Thu-Sat: 10am - 2pm
other times by appointment
Tue-Fri: 10am - 5pm