Arts in the Park
ARTS IN THE PARK 2020
Sunday, July 12, 10:00am-4:00pm
THIS EVENT HAS BEEN MOVED FROM ITS ORIGINAL DATE OF July 11 due to rain.
SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT regarding COVID-19
The MAC is pleased to announce that we are moving forward with our annual outdoor artisan market. We have been in regular contact with the Marion Board of Health, the Town Administrator's office, and our team to make sure we can proceed safely, following state guidelines.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING GUIDELINES FOR THE EVENT:
- ALL GUESTS MUST WEAR MASKS unless prohibited for health or disability reasons.
- Vendors are also required to wear masks while interacting with guests.
- Please maintain social distancing at all times, keeping six feet away from others.
- No more than two guests will be allowed within a booth at one time.
- Vendors will provide hand sanitizer, and there will be several stations throughout the park. The MAC has five sinks available for hand-washing within the building.
- Attendees will be asked to use hand sanitizer provided within the booth prior to handling objects. Some vendors may provide gloves as applicable.
- We are encouraging vendors to use a cashless system when possible. Some vendors may offer Venmo or other direct pay, no-contact systems. Screens, pens, and surfaces will be disinfected between guests.
- The raffle will be managed by volunteers who will maintain a sanitary raffle process.
Guidelines will be posted on site.
- The MAC is pleased to welcome back the Oxcart to our event this year! There will be a a dedicated space in the park with tables where guests may sit and enjoy food and beverages.
- There will be no ArtMobile for this year's event.
- We are also hosting an outdoor "meet and greet" with the artists from our new exhibition, Vessels. This will take place in the afternoon from 1:00-4:00pm on the MAC lawn. The same guidelines mentioned above will be followed for safety. We will allow a limited number of visitors into the galleries throughout the day, and the meet and greet will be monitored for capacity.
Arts in the Park is the Marion Art Center’s signature outdoor artisan market and occurs annually in July on the Saturday after Independence Day.
VISIT OUR GALLERIES
Beginning July 1
Tue-Wed: By Appointment
Thu-Sat: 10am - 2pm
Closed Sunday & Monday
Arts in the Park features a select group of local artists and artisans, vetted by the Exhibitions Committee. Goods include baskets, ceramics, clothing, collage, fiber, glass, jewelry, woodworking, painted, and hand-crafted furniture, paintings, photography, and more. The MAC, with grant support from the Marion Cultural Council, sponsors this family-friendly event featuring live music, a food truck, raffle, and free arts activities for kids through the NBAM/Artworks! ArtMobile.
Arts in the Park is sponsored in part by a grant from the Marion Cultural Council, a local chapter of the Massachusetts Cultural Council.
Interested in exhibiting at Arts in the Park?
Registration and jury for Arts in the Park begins in February, but the committee accepts vendor requests on a rolling basis. Arts in the Park is curated annually for quality and variety. Two exhibitors may share a booth, but each artist must be accepted through a jury process. Space is limited and artists selected by the committee are admitted on a first come, first serve basis, in order of date of contract and payment receipt. The Exhibition Committee carefully plans the vendor map each year with consideration to variety. No changes will be made the day of the event. Exhibitors agree to donate an original item or group of items to the Arts in the Park raffle. All proceeds benefit the Marion Art Center.
If you would like to be considered, please review all information below and fill out the application located at the bottom of this page.
Arts in the Park 2020
- $100 for 10′ x 10′ space
- $130 for a 10′ x 10′ corner space*
*Corner spaces will be delegated in the order or registrations received.
SPACE IS LIMITED
Once the Exhibitor is accepted by the Exhibition Committee, artist agreements and booth fees must be received by June 11, 2020.
Original item (or group of items) valued at no less than $50, must be donated by each Exhibitor for the Arts in the Park raffle, which takes place the day of the event. All proceeds benefit the Marion Art Center.
Each vendor must supply his or her own tent, tables, chairs, fixtures, and display items. The Marion Art Center provides booth space only.