Marion Art Center Seeks Applicants for Executive Director
The Marion Art Center is looking for a highly motivated, fast thinking and self-directed individual with an appreciation of the arts who will help us to achieve our organization’s three strategic priorities:
▪ Integration: opening up the Marion Art Center to all,
▪ Engagement: connecting the Marion Art Center to the community and its needs and
▪ Sustainability: ensuring that the Marion Art Center remains vital for present and future generations.
The ideal candidate will have strong administrative, interpersonal and organizational skills. He/she will demonstrate the ability to liaise with key constituents including community members, local organizations, artists, board members, the MAC’s members and prospective members, donors and prospective donors and volunteers. Proven results in resource growth, community engagement and innovation are sought.
Experience with fundraising, program development, design and social media is desired. Communication, outreach and writing will be key ingredients to success in this role. The ability to multi-task and prioritize is essential. We are seeking someone with a keen sense of how to operationalize processes and develop efficiencies. Knowledge and/or appreciation of Marion and the surrounding communities is preferred. Our greatest hope is that the new Executive Director and the MAC will make a lasting commitment to each other.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
▪ Program/event/class publicity, database management, scheduling and general supportive services
▪ Processing payroll, commission payments, donations, registrations, ticket sales and bill payments – including corresponding communications
▪ Volunteer management, community outreach, fundraising
▪ Microsoft suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
▪ Social media: FaceBook, Word Press, Constant Contact
▪ Financial/database: FileMaker Pro, QuickBooks
▪ Communications: press releases, newsletters, correspondence
▪ Fundraising: membership drive, capital campaign, annual appeal
Interested candidates should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com